Important Questions To Ask A Prospective EmployerPosted in CategoryCareer and Jobs
KKemisola 2 months ago
The best questions to ask in an interview are questions that will give you information about your potential employer, the position, the company, and your day-to-day responsibilities in order to determine if the job is the right fit for you.
Below are some examples:
- What do you think are the most important qualities for someone to excel in this job?
- What is the work culture like here?
- Can you tell me what the team is like?
- Is there a career path that someone in this position would be expected to follow?
- What are the prospects for growth?
- Could you go into more detail about the company’s culture?
- What kind of processes and technology do you use to work collaboratively?
- How do you measure performance and success in this role?
- How is feedback given to employees?
- What kind of leadership/management style do you promote in the company?
- How does the company take an idea from inception to completion?
ImportantThings To Note
Avoid asking the interviewer yes/no questions.
Your few questions posed should solicit a detailed response so do your homework and ask solid questions.
Don’t ask too many questions
Make it at least two but not more than four. Two to four questions make you appear prepared and pleasantly curious about your employment.
Don’t stick to only one topic when asking the interviewer multiple questions
Show that you’re interested in every aspect of the company, not a particular area that may signal that you have a bias.