Job vacancy- Accounts Assistant (Payables)Posted in CategoryCareer and Jobs
EEbunlomo 1 week ago
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Organization: Fenix International
· Oversee the activities of Accounts Payable function to ensure payment runs are completed in a timely fashion
· Support the Accountant in the processing of company tax payments and returns
· Support the preparing of budget forecasts for the company
Deliverables and Activities:
· Ensure correct posting of transactions in the financial system (SAP) daily.
· Match invoices to payments, obtain all appropriate signatures for payments and process payments accordingly
· Respond to vendor enquiries
· Daily filing of payment vouchers
· Assist in Month-end closing process and balance sheet reconciliations.1. Prepare schedule of write off on payments2. Prepare schedule of accruals3. Prepare schedule of landed costs
· Collaborating with the team to work on various accounting projects
· Reconciling bank and other accounts
· Assist in Month-end closing process and balance sheet reconciliations.
· Preparing and remitting VAT returns and liaising with other office locations to ensure monthly remittance of PAYE is completed
· Reviewing filing to ensure proper collation of approvals and supporting documents
· Reconciliation of vendor accounts and statements
· Ensure written approvals and proper receipts for all transactions
Required Skills & Experience:
· Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or other related field
· 3+ years accounting experience
· CFA, ICAN or other relevant professional certification
· Experience in any major accounting system (SAP an advantage) with ability to work on spreadsheets.
· Excellent understanding of accounting policies, standards and processes
· Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
· Technical skills and competence
· Team player and self-starter
· Ability to influence, inspire and motivate people who are not directly under your responsibility
· Computer literate with experience in using Accounting Systems
· Intermediate Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
· Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Awareness and ability to demonstrate the importance of ethics & appropriate codes of conduct in the workplace
· Ability to achieve daily targets while attending to impromptu activities that may occur
For more information on how to apply Click here
Information provided in this post is solely for general public awareness, The Techy Accountant Community grants no warranty about the reliability of this information. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information accurate and reliable, The Community accepts no responsibility for any experience or liability incurred, that arise from using such information. However, Job vacancy from our verified community that can be vouched for will be stated so.