FINANCE UPDATE- CAMA 2020

Posted in CategoryGeneral
  • B
    Bunmi Mercy 3 years ago

On the 7th of August 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari signed the Companies and Allied Matters Bill into law. Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA 2020) has been described as a new development geared toward improving:

Þ   The ease of doing business

Þ   Confidence in the business environment

Þ   Stimulating economic growth

Some of the reforms includes:

v A company can have only one shareholder.

v Company seal is no longer a mandatory requirement. Prior to CAMA 2020 one of the requirements for incorporating a company is that such company must have a company seal.

v Appointing a company secretary is no longer mandatory for private companies.

v Merging of two or more incorporated Trustees with similar aims. Also, Trustees of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) can now be suspended, and an interim manager(s) be appointed to manage the affairs of the NGO to protect public interest or where there is reason to believe such NGO is involved in fraudulent activity and misconduct.

v Prohibition of directors from serving in more than 5 public companies at the same time.

v Electronic filing and share transfer for private companies

v Exemption from appointing an Auditor at AGM by Small companies or companies with only a single shareholder.

v Replacement of Authorized share capital with minimum share capital.

v Provision for virtual General Meeting in accordance with the company Article of Association. Prior to CAMA 2020, AGM must be held in the registered address of the company.

v Provision for rescuing insolvent companies rather than allowing them become insolvent.

v Reduction in filing fees for registrations to 0.35% of value of the charge

What are your thoughts about the new reforms?

Will these reforms significantly improve the ease of doing business?

To what extent will these reforms bring about economic growth?

• D
    Dared 8 months ago

Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website. paul michael einstein

• D
    Dared 8 months ago

Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all significant infos. I’d like to see more posts like this . how to report youtube video

• D
    Dared 8 months ago

Your blog is one of a kind, i love the way you organize the topics.:’-”‘ How To See Reposts on TikTok

• D
    Dared 7 months ago

Hello there, simply become aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it is really informative. I’m going to be careful for brussels. I’ll be grateful when you continue this in future. Numerous people shall be benefited from your writing. Cheers! vaobong

• D
    Dared 7 months ago

To use the no price Worlds Best picture responses: Duplicate the HTML code from below the image image and paste the code for your blog designer drugs

• R
    Robinjack 2 months ago

Pie takeover success story! BOUGHT every apple pie in town!

• R
    Robinjack 2 months ago

Clicked the like button as if it held the secret to happiness! Suspenseful vlog

• R
    Robinjack 1 month ago

Your channel is a constant source of inspiration for me. Haunting Revelation

• J
    Jasica 1 month ago

I'm happy I discovered this site, I couldn't discover any learning on this matter former to.Also work a website and on the off chance that you are ever inspired by doing some guest composing for me if conceivable don't hesitate to tell me, im dependably search for individuals to look at my site. silikonsexpuppen

Please login or register to leave a response.